Why update the handler?
CHANGE THE DEVICE HANDLER TO “Z-WAVE MOTION SENSOR”
1. Add the devices to your SmartThings hub by clicking on Add thing > + Connect New Device in your app. Press and release the tamper switch button on the sensor three times quickly.
DOESN’T WORK AT ALL!!
No worries, if the BeSense Sensor was not discovered, you may need to reset the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub.To do this, press 6 times the tamper switch.
2. Log in here with the same username and password you use for your SmartThings app: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/login/auth
3. Click on My Devices Handlers in the top menu and select your included Device.
4. Next, scroll to the bottom and click Edit
5. Choose “Z-Wave Motion Sensor” from the TYPE option (in our case is Motion we don’t sense Temperature but smartThings joined both in the same handler).
6. Now click Update
You should now see this device type in your list of Devices.
And that should be it! I hope this was helpful in simplifying the process behind custom device handlers. Feel free to share your questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
VIDEO (40 Seconds) – ADD A NEW SENSOR IN SMARTTHINGS:
Remember to keep the device within 3 feet away from your hub during inclusion.
And that should be it! I hope this was helpful in simplifying the process behind custom device handlers. Feel free to contact us if you have any question.
VIDEO (10 Seconds) – RESET SENSOR:
To reset the device, press 6 times the tamper switch as you can see in the following video: